What Amateur Radio Chest Packs should You Purchase?
The Last Wire Podcast explores radio chest pack for emergency communications.
There are a ton of Radio chest packs on the market — so how do you know which one to buy and depend on for Ham radio events, EMO exercises or during a survival or bug-out situation? Here are three popular radio chest packs that I have used in the past for Search and Rescue operations or during training events in EMS.
The ABC Goodefg Radio chest harness has adjustable shoulder straps, suitable for both men and women. This radio chest harness is applicable and used by police, production workshop, construction sites, such as a dangerous place, convenient carrying walkie-talkie equipment and a variety of operating tools. Originally Designed For Ski Patrols And Mountain Rescue, This One-Size-Fits-All Radio Harness Will Instantly Adjust To Hold Any Sized Radio Snugly To Your Chest Without The Use Of Multiple Velcro Straps Or Buckles Found On Lesser Quality Harnesses. The Vertical Orientation Of The Radio Improves Reception, Extends Antenna Life, And Reduces The Chance Of Chest Injury During A Fall. Many People Use This Item For Survival, Hiking, Biking, Work, School, Camping, Fishing, Traveling, Gift Idea, Recreational, ham radio field day events.
- Chest rig Make with good quality Nylon, it is a quality built product that can adjust to any size of radio
- Adjustable shoulder straps, suitable for both men and women. Both pockets adjust in length and girth, so you can put your primary radio on either side The Vertical Orientation Of The Radio Improves Reception, Extends Antenna Life, And Reduces The Chance Of Chest Injury During A Fall.
- The Vertical Orientation Of The Radio Improves Reception, Extends Antenna Life, And Reduces The Chance Of Chest Injury During A Fall.
- Radio chest pouch uses the black and fluorescent green colour which is easy to identify in the dark environment. It compatible with wildland fire, Survival, search and rescue, on fire/EMS calls and amateur (HAM) radio uses.
- The radio chest harness is suitable for Ski Patrols, Mountain Rescue, wild jungle adventure, wildland fire, survival, search and rescue etc. Great for dangerous places such as police, production workshop, construction sites and more.Perfect for airsoft, hunting, military, army training, paintball, shooting games, hiking, fishing and other outdoor activities.
Unparalleled in design and workmanship, the RCP-1 Pro radio chest harness comes loaded with all the bells and whistles. Perfected over time from customers’ feedback to become the most comfortable and functional radio chest harness anyone can wear. The RCP-1 Pro radio chest harness works great with or without a backpack. When wearing this unit with a backpack you can either use the supplied torso straps or purchase the Harness Converter Kit. The Harness Converter Kit allows you to attach the RCP-1 Pro to the shoulder straps of any Coaxsher backpack. iPad mini with protective case fits into the large main pocket.
- Large Wide-Mouth Main Pocket with Double Zipper Pull Closure
- iPad mini with protective case fits into the large main pocket
- Main Pocket Snaps for Closure when Long Objects Don’t Allow the Zipper to Close
- Fold-Down Platform for Reading/Writing
- Open Air Back Plate Cuts Weight and Allows Airflow
- Adjustable Radio / Cell Phone / GPS Holder
- Writing Tool Pockets
- Main Radio Holster—Adjust to Fit Multiple Radio Sizes
- Kestrel Weather Meter / Misc. Pocket
- Spare Battery Shell / Cell Phone Pocket
- Hi-Strength Grommets / D-Ring to Secure Extra Gear
- Great Visibility – Reflective Material & Glow Stick Holder
- Removable Mod-u-Lox C-Clip Holds Mini Mag Lite (MML Sold Separately)